Whether your business is a sole proprietorship with only a few employees, or a much larger corporation or other business entity with hundreds of employees, there will likely be times when a legal issue or matter arises. Bruce Law Firm is here to help when your business encounters these types of situations.
We are here to help you and your business
- Drafting, Negotiating and Reviewing Contracts
- Purchase or Sale of a Business
- Dispute Resolution and Business Litigation
- Compliance with Regulations & Laws
- General Legal Counsel Services
Running a business can be rewarding, but it is not without the need to make prudent decisions and meet legal obligations. To facilitate smooth business operations, you must enter contracts and relationships with various other individuals and entities. Additionally, you must ensure that you follow state and federal laws and regulations. Unfortunately, because there are so many moving parts, issues can arise that could put your business at risk. If you are involved in a business dispute or other legal issue, please contact us to discuss.
At the Bruce Law Firm, our Rock Hill business litigation attorney has over 25 years of professional experience, including having served as in-house counsel for an insurance company and its affiliates, and in serving a fortune 100 company in regulatory compliance. We offer dedicated legal counsel to you and your business for non-litigation matters. We also offer zealous advocacy and representation for litigation matters. We work toward obtaining the best possible solution or outcome, whether in or out of the courtroom.
Business Litigation Lawyer
Whether you are starting a new business or are running an established company, you are likely to run into disputes or legal issues from time to time. A seemingly straightforward matter can be very complex and can lead to a larger dispute that can interrupt business operations, slow growth, and put assets at risk and potentially harm your reputation in the marketplace. If you are unable to resolve a business conflict on your own, it is time to reach out to a business litigation attorney. A lawyer can help you through complex legal processes and seek a resolution focused on protecting your best interests.
At the Bruce Law Firm, we recognize business litigation matters can be high-stakes cases, with the future of individuals and the business on the line. That is why we will take the time to thoroughly assess the situation, listen to your goals and needs, and develop a legal strategy with business acumen tailored just for you.
Our Rock Hill business litigation lawyer will discuss your legal options and possible outcomes, ensuring you understand what's involved.
We offer representation for an array of business issues and disputes, including, but not limited to:
- Breach of contract:These types of legal issues arise when someone enters a contract but fails to fulfill their obligations.
- Breach of fiduciary duties: Fiduciaries are required to act in the best interests of the company. When their actions are self-serving, they may be accused of breaching their fiduciary duties.
- Fraud/misrepresentation: A person may be accused of fraud or misrepresentation when they knowingly make false statements or omit material facts to deceive a person or entity and cause a loss to the injured party and a gain for themselves or others.
- Interference with contractual relationship: These cases arise when someone knows a contract exists between two or more entities and they intentionally act in a way that damages that relationship and causes injury to any of the parties involved.
- Interference with a prospective contractual relationship: A person may be said to have interfered with a prospective contractual relationship if they knew that two or more parties were going to do business together where there was an expected advantage or benefit and they damaged the relationship.
- Negligent misrepresentation: Negligent misrepresentation cases arise when someone does not exercise due care when providing information they believe is true, and the statements they make persuade another person to enter into a contract.
- Quantum Meruit/Unjust Enrichment: These cases involve one party not receiving just compensation for services provided to another party, and they seek damages for a reasonable amount.
- South Carolina Unfair Trade Practices Act: The act concerns unfair or deceptive conduct that adversely impacts public interest.
- Corporate waste: Good business judgment is called into question when there is a significant imbalance in the exchange of assets and the consideration given the transaction.
Whatever your business-related issue, reach out to our business litigation attorney in Rock Hill for the legal representation you need.